Saying "I DO" When a Spouse has Bad Credit
- Do talk about your finance early. Make sure you understand your partner's goals and expectations to avoid future marital problems.
- Do pay off student loans and any loans on credit cards as quickly as possible.
- Don't rely on a high-interest credit card if your partner's card has lower interest rates.
- Do apply together if you need your spouse's income to qualify for a loan.
- Do make a long-term plan if your partner's credit scores need improvement before applying for a mortgage.